Artist Immigration Administrator
About the Canadian Federation of Musicians
The Canadian Federation of Musicians (CFM) is the Canadian National office of the American Federation of Musicians of the United States and Canada (AFM), and governs 24 Local Chapters from coast to coast across Canada. CFM is the Union representing musical artists of all genres and in all types of professional performance, including providing necessary tools and services such as pension, residual/revenue streams, insurance, legal protection and more.
This position requires an individual with meticulous attention to detail and who is self-motivated, possessing strong customer service skills and has the flexibility to work independently and as part of a team.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to Prioritize many time-sensitive situations while juggling mutiple priorities at once
- Keen attention to detail
- Receive and review United States work permit applications
- Process United States non-immigrant petition forms
- Overseeing the visa process (petition, receipt, and approval)
- Data management
- Maintain hard copy and electronic files
- Daily communications email, telephone, Zoom or at times in person with artists
- Experience working in arts and culture
- Bilingual French/English, or conversant French, and/or ability to speak other languages
- General understandng of performance contracts, booking requirements and related logistics
- Hands-on working knowledge of grant/funding programs and/or grant writing experience
Annual Salary: Hourly wage between $18-22 and will include pension and health benefits
If interested please contact:
Susan Whitfield, Director of Administration at: email@example.com.
Our office is located at:150 Ferrand Drive, Suite 202, Toronto, ON M3C 3E5.
Application Deadline: March 11th, 2022
Location: Toronto, Ontario